Thursday, July 31, 2008

4 EVENTS IN CINCINATTI

CHANGING PLANES IN HOUSTON


I heard this guitar playing in the waiting room


and went to investigate. I met Al on his way
to do a gig somewhere up north.


I pulled out my harmonica from my vest pocket
and asked him if he could play I'll Fly Away in the
key of C. He could and we wound up playing several
hymns for the captive audience there at Houston Intl.



I WAS WITH BAPTIST TEMPLE IN CINCINNATI



When I got to Cincinnati, I had one hour to get in
my motel room and clean up and speak at the final
night of the VBS. This lil lady started it with a pledge to the flag.

Some of the parents I got to preach to that night.

They had a bunch of kids there that night.

Of course the kids performed before I preached

Pastor Darrel Horsley was there too and enjoyed it.

ON SATURDAY AFTERNOON THEY HAD A BLOCK PARTY
Lots of games for the kids to do.

The concession stand raised money for the teens

Pastor Horsley participates in everything at the church,
He really enjoys his ministry of 22 years at Baptist Temple

I entertained and gave my testimony under this tent.

I SPOKE AT BOTH SUNDAY SERVICES

Pastor Horsley introduced me as John Wayne
impersonating Dr. Gene Howard.

We did not have anyone saved, but we had good
services, and got a warm reception from the church.

We had a good crowd and a few visitors

Two of the visitors were my friends Tom and Debbie Morgan.
They have been a blessing to our ministry for years,
and they live in the Cincinnati area.



THE 4TH EVENT WAS A VETERAN HOME IN KENTUCKY,
AND THE VETERAN HOSPITAL IN CINCINNATI.
Tom took the pictures for me and is sending them. I should have them up Tuesday.
No one was saved on this trip, but a lot of planting was done in those 4 days.


No comments: