Tuesday, June 30, 2009

FIRST 3 VERSES OF MY POEM DO YOU WANT MY GUN

Do You Want My Gun
Copyright 1992 Dr. Gene Howard
Do you want my gun, or do you want my life.
Do you want my gun, or do you want my wife.
Do you want my gun, or do you want my store.
Do you want just my gun, or much much more.

What is it you really want, I must ask myself,
for it is one of the few freedoms we have left.
Maybe it’s something more political you seek,
but cannot accomplish unless we become weak.

I think of Hitler, Lenin, Stalin and the rest,
fooling the people into thinking they knew best.
They traded their arms for hoes and wooden staves,
And they traded their freedom and wound up slaves.
There are 6 more verses and the last one is a tough one, don't miss it.
You can get this poem that appeared in the NRAs The Riflemand and The Hunter.
It is on 8 1/2x 11 parchment suitable for framing. Send a check or M.O. for $7.00 to
Gene Howard
P.O. Box 5385
Bryan, Tx 77805
Or Pay Pal me $7.00 to pilgrimgh@gmail.com with your mailing address and ask for my poem "DO YOU WANT MY GUN"

No comments: